Data Warehouse Developer – ITIL, SQL, SCRUM, Informatica
Experience and Qualifications Required
- An excellent track record of delivering software.
- Expertise in the overall design of systems, understanding business needs and transforming them into technical requirements.
- Demonstrable expertise with relational database platforms. Teradata or Microsoft SQL experience would be a distinct advantage.
- Practical experience extracting data from multiple sources (Oracle or IBM iSeries desirable) using data integration tools such as SSIS or Informatica.
- Familiar with data warehouse concepts (e.g. Kimball star schema, Slowly Changing Dimensions, Fact tables).
- Previous experience to delivering projects in line with service level agreements.
- A working knowledge of System Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
- Experience of working in an Agile (SCRUM) development environment.
- Experienced in large scale Data Warehouse implementations.
- Logical and physical data modelling skills.
- Knowledge and experience of data profiling, data cleansing and data migration.
- Experience working in ITIL-based environment.
- Experience with any rapid development tools such as Wherescape will be advantageous.
The role holder will work on the successful delivery of development activities in-line with our clients’ customer expectation. You will require good all round experience working across all aspects of a data warehouse solution including data integration, data cleansing/profiling and developing relational structures. You will focus on meeting the quality standards and that a delivery focused approach is applied.
Working within an existing team the role will include some initial requirements analysis, writing data extracts from multiple source systems into a data warehouse using Informatica and Teradata. We are in the process of creating new data solutions which will include cloud and Microsoft SQL server technology.
This role will also have the opportunity to contribute towards our development standards, working closely with the Architecture & Solutions team as we look to re-define our business intelligence and reporting capabilities.
Other duties include:
- To provide accurate estimates where required and to contribute to successful project planning and progress monitoring.
- To define and adhere to industry best practise (coding standards, source control, continuous integration etc).
- Conduct code and design quality reviews.
- Develop and maintain software such as (but not limited to) relational structures, stored procedures, functions and triggers.
- Where necessary, lead or co-own the analysis and physical design deliverables with project team development lead(s).
- Assist in system testing and production of supporting development documentation.
- Ensure that all work is completed in line with team processes and procedures.
- Ability to explain technical concepts to non-technical business stakeholders.
- Support junior team members through sharing knowledge and experience
This is not a full definition of the role but covers the main aspects and drivers for success.
- Ensure decisions are objectively justified.
- Be confident in making your own decisions.
- Ensure that all communication is clear and appropriate for its intended audience.
- Readily be available to help support the team.
- Show passion for your work and a commitment to succeed.
- Focused on delivering quality at all times and striving for continual improvement.
- A strong focus on providing solutions to problems.
- Able to work towards targets and deliver to commitments and on time.
- Be prepared to challenge the status quo and make suggestions for improvement.
- Be willing to voice an opinion on all matters whilst being receptive to feedback.