Our client is a registered charity that provides high quality sports and education programmes to children, young people and adults from across the region.
In August 2014 they was awarded charitable status enabling us, as an organisation, to be supported by the Charities Commission and Football League Trust. This also ensures that all the funding and income received is re-invested back into the improvement and development of the organisation.
The role offers an exciting opportunity for a highly motivated and dynamic individual to join a progressive team at and lead on their Education programme.
We are seeking a driven, energetic and ambitious individual to plan and deliver a co-ordinated programme, in line with our charitable objectives and targets.
As this position is a key appointment in our organisation, you will have the tenacity to achieve targets and the creativity to overcome obstacles. You will be a leader and have the ability to inspire and motivate people from all backgrounds and communities.
Co-ordinate delivery and development of the Education department.
Head of Community
All stakeholders, Schools, Colchester Borough Council, The FA, Essex CFA, Active Essex.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- To support Head of Community on the expansion and sustainability of the Schools Sports Programme.
- To act as a lead Mentor to a group of sessional coaches.
- To complete School visits to observe coaching sessions (this would include combining School Head teacher meetings).
- To ensure all school sport incentives are met with the schools.
- To support in the delivery of the Sports activities.
- To deliver coaching sessions as directed.
- To work in partnership with Premier League Development Officer to ensure all PL Girls and PL Primary Stars projects are delivered to the required standard whilst meeting or exceeding KPI's set by PLCF.
- To work with Head of Community to co-ordinate development projects as instructed.
- To co-ordinate the preparation of coaching packs and staff online tool to include code of conducts, schemes of work.
- To coordinate, manage, deliver and monitor coaching sessions with groups of young people, or organisations.
- To use views as a monitoring tool and support the Head of Community in producing appropriate reports.
- To lead and operate The EFL Trust Kinder Kids cups.
- To support with administration as required.
- To manage the day to day delivery rota including amendments.
- To administrate the bookings of the Schools Sport Programme.
- To liaise with Schools concerning day to day operation.
- To lead, motivate and mentor sessional staff when appropriate.
- To plan, monitor and evaluate all coaching sessions led or assisted at.
- To ensure Safeguarding is adhered to including keeping personal DBS and First Aid qualifications up to date.
- To provide reports and invoice information to finance department.
- To contribute to staff development including coach education and peer coaching.
- Level 2 NGB award
- FA Youth Module 3
- Multi-Skills Training
- Full UK Driving Licence with access to own vehicle
- Member of the FA licences club
- PE Level 3 Certificate in Supporting the Delivery of Physical Education and School Sport
- UEFA B Football Coaching Certificate
- One other national governing body qualification
- Futsal coaching certificate
- Coaching for disabled footballers
- D1 Mini-bus Licence/eligibility
- Must have relevant experience. This will include coaching within a sports development environment, experience of coaching and/or playing and project management skills.
- Working within partnership and multi-agency programmes.
- Working with young adults, primary and secondary school aged pupils.
- Activity planning, project management and staff management.
- Experience of delivering commercially viable coaching schemes.
- Experience of meeting income-driven targets.
- Experience of writing reports and good IT skills.
- Experience of using VIEWS system.
- Working within a professional football club environment.
Hours of work:
40 hours per week
This is by no means an exhaustive list of responsibilities and the post holder may be required to take on additional responsibilities as agreed with Head of Community. This job description is also subject to review, and may be amended in the light of changing circumstances following consultation with the post-holder.
Please note that this role is subject to a successful DBS & reference check.