My Client is looking for an events organiser to work with the Head of Sales and Conference & Events sales team, the successful candidate will be responsible for the production and delivery of events within the hospitality department. The role involves varied shifts and is hands-on as part of a team.
Based between the main reception and commercial office the successful applicant must be able to complete a wide range of activities requiring excellent customer service, clear communication, excellent organisational skills and attention to detail. They must work well under pressure, ensuring the smooth and efficient running and delivery of every event.
- researching markets to identify opportunities for events;
- planning and implementing event marketing and promotion;
- promotion of events - to include but not limited to social media, free event websites, leaflet distribution;
- liaising with clients to ascertain their precise event requirements;
- producing detailed proposals and plans for events (eg timelines, suppliers, staffing and budgets);
- agreeing to and managing a budget;
- ensuring insurance, legal, health and safety obligations are adhered to;
- coordinating and liaising with the catering team to ensure effective delivery of each event;
- planning room layouts and the events programme;
- preparing conference delegate packs and papers;
- coordinating suppliers, handling client queries and troubleshooting on the day of the event to ensure that all runs smoothly;
- post-event evaluation (including feedback, data entry and analysis and producing reports for management).
- Flexibility within role and must be available to work scheduled hours, including weekends and evenings.
- Strong teamwork, communication and negotiation skills.
- Excellent organisational skills with particular attention to detail.
- Dedicated to offering first class service.
- Strong time-management and able to work under pressure whilst maintaining professionalism.
Hours of Work:
40 hours per week
£14-16k Dependent on experience
Applicants must be eligible to work in the UK