A Nursery Nurse is required for a beautiful day nursery based in Kingston, based in a detached Victorian house with a large garden. The staff in the nursery pride themselves on the excellent level of care that they deliver and thus are looking for an equally dedicated nursery nurse to help maintain the high level of care they provide.
The nursery itself is situated only 5 minutes walking distance away from a station.
• To assist in ensuring that all children attending the setting are kept safe and receive rich and stimulating play experiences appropriate to their age and stage of development.
• To assist the Management in ensuring that all legislation in relation to registration with regulatory bodies, special needs, safeguarding and Health and Safety is complied with.
Childcare and Education
To provide a high standard of quality care and education for children attending Stars Day Nursery.
• To understand and ensure that all children are treated as individuals and that their development and care needs are met at all times.
• To work in partnership with parents / carers and other professionals.
• To be a key person carrying out related responsibilities in building relationships with a small group of children and their families.
• Assist in maintaining accurate and effective children’s records.
• To observe children’s progress and report on achievements, looking at progression and continuity.
• Assist in the supervision of children at play (indoor and outdoor) at meal and sleep times.
• Assist in creating stimulating and attractive environment within the room: and other areas of the nursery as required.
• Assist in the planning of activities using the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS)
• Ensuring that confidentiality is maintained within the nursery.
• Provide feedback to the Management on issues relating to the nursery day.
• Attend Parent’s Mornings, Open Days, team meetings and training as required.
• Carry out duties appropriate to the post as directed by the Room leader, Deputy or Nursery Manager.
Health and Safety
• Undertake a shared responsibility for the highest standards of health, safety, hygiene and cleanliness throughout the nursery.
• Be familiar with all emergency and security procedures, for example, fire procedures, collecting and dropping off children
• Assist with the care, maintenance and security of all equipment and toys within the Nursery.
• Adhere and be conversant with the policies and procedures of Stars Childcare Group; Statutory Framework for the Early Years Foundation Stage and health and Safety legislation.
• Undertake a shared responsibility for the safeguarding of children