Our client is looking for an Operations Assistant to join their busy and demanding operations department.
The ideal candidate will be someone with experience of working in a fast paced, deadline driven environment who can handle multiple tasks and respond quickly to changing business priorities.
This organisation has a busy conference and events venue and as such the role will involve dealing with customers face to face and on the telephone. The successful candidate will have excellent communication skills with the ability to build relationships, use their own initiative and negotiate with suppliers.
- Work as part of a team to provide a secure and safe working environment.
- Assisting with reception and welcoming business users to the venue.
- Assisting with the daily running of the operations department including health and safety, operational checks and working with building management systems.
- Assisting with coordinating, negotiating, and purchasing all office and utility supplies.
- Undertake minor maintenance/cleaning and event set up tasks.
- Managing building and vehicle maintenance schedules
- Strong teamwork, communication and negotiation skills.
- Excellent organisational skills with particular attention to detail.
- Dedicated to offering first class service.
- Strong time-management and able to work under pressure whilst maintaining professionalism.
- Ability to work on own initiative.
- Hold a Full UK Driving Licence (essential), applicants may be required to work at other sites across the Colchester and Tiptree area.