Personal Tax Accountant - Regional Accountancy Practice
Barber McLelland are working as an exclusive recruitment partner for a leading independent firm of Accountants based in Barnsley who are looking to appoint a Personal Tax Accountant join the firms Tax Division.
Due to increase in new business and recent restructuring, this newly created position will support a highly diverse client portfolio of clients, including High Net Worth Individuals, Entrepreneurial Business Owners, Partnerships and Directors.
Duties and Responsibilities
The role of the Personal Tax Assistant will be responsible for:
* Providing personal tax compliance services for a varied portfolio of clients processing of tax returns, ensuring returns are processed accurately and delivered to agreed service standards
* Management of client information, ensure businesses submit all appropriate information for the completion of tax returns
* Ensure that the client's tax liability is correctly calculated and the client is advised accordingly
* Communicate directly with clients and HMRC regarding tax compliance matters on the phone and in person
* Ensuring compliance with current legislation and preparing working papers
Skills and Qualities
The successful individual will have a good understanding of tax compliance and will have developed at least 3 years experience working within and accountancy or tax environment, ideally applicants will be qualified ATT or studying/qualified CTA, however individuals who have decided not to take the formal qualification route but have at least 3 years personal tax experience will also be encouraged.
The firm will offer an excellent platform for continued personal career development and progression.
* Excellent Base Salary
* Flexible working hours
* On-site parking
* Excellent additional benefits package
Barber McLelland are a dedicated and niche recruitment consultancy service for the Accountancy Profession. Our area of expertise covers recruitment from part qualified accountants through to Partners and Directors within Big 4, National Accountancy Firms, through to Independent Accountants and Specialist Boutiques across the Yorkshire and East Midlands Region.
For more information about this role or for additional information on how we can assist you in securing your next career move, please contact Justin Barber at Barber McLelland Ltd