Although we call it a coffee shop it is so much more, serving upwards of 500 plates of food each day, with the benefit of no evening hours . Come and take a look, you might be surprised! The coffee shop is well known for serving high quality, home cooked food. We can seat 240 in our coffee shop and it is often full.
The position includes
- This role requires a Sous Chef with experience of working in a busy, fast-paced kitchen which produces high quality fresh food. You need to be able to contribute to the running of the kitchen and be comfortable working in all areas; hot pass, cold section etc.
- Prepare required dishes, following recipes and guidelines from Senior Chefs, ensuring every dish which goes out meets our high standard
- Work across all sections of the kitchen as directed each day, preparing food for breakfasts and lunches
- You are capable of running a section under guidance of the senior chefs
- Work with more junior chefs to help build their knowledge
- Minimum of four years in kitchen positions
- Ability and desire to learn and progress within your role
- A willingness to put yourself forward and step up to the requirements of the senior chefs and the business
- Good communicator that is able to follow direction from senior chefs, along with being able to work and use your own initiative as part of team
- Positive and enthusiastic approach to work
- Full-time, 10 days a fortnight working every other weekend. 7.30am to 4.30pm (4pm on Sundays). No evening hours!
- You’ll need to work Bank Holidays (excluding Christmas Day, Boxing Day & New Year’s Day), but will be given a day’s holiday in lieu
- Ability to lift and carry kitchen items as required
- 20% in store Discount – after a year
- Paid holiday – 20 days per year, plus bank holidays.
- Discretionary Bonuses – in Summer and at Christmas
We offer fresh, home cooked food that is made in our kitchen daily, using local and seasonal ingredients. Our daily menu offers firm favourites including cooked breakfasts, jacket potatoes, quiches and sausage rolls. Our daily specials allow us to introduce hot meals which are also cooked from scratch; for example Beef & Guinness Pie, Butternut and spinach lasagne, Ham hock and leek bake, Fish & Chips, Hunters Chicken and our popular Roast Dinners. My client is a family business and they are extremely passionate about serving quality food. They continually invest in our kitchen and front of house operations. For example this year we will be refurbishing the dining areas and in 2017 we are expanding the kitchen and dish wash areas.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £21,000.00 /year